Feel the warmth. Enjoying a sauna is healthy – that's for sure. And in our Tauern sauna it is not just about your health, but about well-being for body, mind and soul. With five saunas to choose from and relaxation areas that ensure you get to unwind.
In the extensive sauna area of our wellness hotel in Großarl there is plenty of space to relax and let your mind unwind. Quiet areas, relaxation zones, wellness and sauna pleasure with panoramic views – true well-being oases that help you replenish your own energy reserves and just enjoy life.
The sauna area in our wellness hotel
Whether you are an infusion pro or sauna newbie – in the Hotel Tauernhof everyone is sure to find an area of warmth that suits their own needs perfectly. After all, our sauna area is as expansive as your feelings of relaxation here in our hotel.
- The Panorama Almsauna is certainly a highlight in the wellness area in the Tauernhof. In the traditional blockhouse sauna you get to perspire like nowhere else and enjoy Alpine wellness – with views to the unique mountain panorama.
- A large, classic Finnish sauna, 90°C, stimulates your body. Infusions featuring the scent of fir, high mountain woods and natural aromas enhance your well-being too.
- The Bio herb sauna at 55°C is somewhat less hot and provides a pleasing warmth and sense of well-being.
- In the infrared cabins, the direct radiant heat works on your body, penetrating deep into your muscles. For a very special feeling of deep relaxation.
- At 50°C, our salt water steam bath pampers, with atomised sea salt along with essential extracts of eucalyptus and mint in the pleasant steam.
Relaxation & Spa area
The only thing you have to lose here in our relaxation rooms is the hustle and bustle of the daily grind. Please leave that at the door. After all, in the sauna area in our wellness hotel, it is quiet and relaxation that reigns. Whether it is after an infusion, or just because.
- The Panorama relaxation room – relax after an infusion in the Tauernhof Almsauna, then unwind in the adjoining panorama relaxation room. With a superb view to the Großarl mountains and the soft crackling of the open fire.
- Relaxation room with water beds – after your sauna infusion, treat yourself to a little bit of relaxation and retreat to our water bed relaxation room. The pleasing aroma of Swiss pine provides a wonderfully relaxing effect.
- The relaxation grotto – surrounded by tropical greenery, is the place for complete relaxation. Our tip: Take a book or just close your eyes for a little while (or longer) and enjoy the tranquillity.
For your stay here with us in the Tauernhof we are more than happy to put together your very own well-being package. Just let us know what you would like – we will do everything to help you relax and unwind.